Take a look at Mugunth Kumar’s MKNetworkKit framework at http://blog.mugunthkumar.com/products/ios-framework-introducing-mknetworkkit
It is an easy to use network framework, probably the best replacement for the abandoned ASIHttpRequest.
The following reasons might make you switch from ASIHttpRequest:
- Full ARC based
- block based
- handles ETag markers
- supports operation freezes – requests wait in line in case the device is not connected to the internet
- new features and bug fixes regularly
Installation and usage
- Get the source code from GitHub
git clone https://github.com/MugunthKumar/MKNetworkKit.git
- Open up Build Phases for your current target and add the following libraries:CFNetwork, SystemConfiguration and Security
- To have appwide access to MKNetworkKit, find the pch file in your project files and after the last import add:
- In case your are building for IOS, delete NSAlert+MKNetworkKitAdditions.h/m, otherwise delete UIAlertView+MKNetworkKitAdditions.h/m from the MKNetworkKit/Categories folder
You can also order his IOS 5 Programming book on amazon.